Call for Open Symposia
Call for Open Symposia by Academic Societies and Public Organizations
Applications for open symposia during the IUNS-ICN 22nd International Congress of Nutrition are now being accepted. This call for applications is limited to academic societies and public organizations.
Submission Deadline for Open Symposia
Friday, August 9, 2019
Extended to March 31, 2020
We will notify those who have submitted applications by August 9, in December 2019 as scheduled.
For those who are planning a new application, please note that you can only select "9. Others" as Subject Area.
Overview of Open Symposia
Venue: Tokyo International Forum
Duration: 90 min.
Cost: ¥300,000 (excluding tax)
If your application is accepted, you will be invoiced to cover the costs of hiring the venue, equipment, and operators.
Notes for Applicants
• Only academic societies or public organizations may apply in this category. There is a separate application system for corporate sponsored symposia.
• The decision on acceptance/rejection will be made by the IUNS-ICN 2021 Program Committee, which will consider the materials you submit.
• Please be aware that your submitted proposal may not be the final version, as you may be requested to combine your proposal with another planned symposium or to amend it.
• Please provide your e-mail address, as Program Committee members may have questions about your proposal.
• Handwritten applications will not be accepted. Please complete the application form on a computer and submit the Excel file. Only applications that have been submitted properly will be considered for the congress.
• Joint proposals may also be submitted, but in this case please indicate a single representative as the contact person.
• Collaborative proposals involving collaboration with other countries or associated fields are welcome.
• This International Congress will have the following eight tracks. Please indicate clearly the track that includes your proposal. If none of them applies, please choose “9. Others.”
1. Advances in Nutrition Research
2. Nutrients and Nutritional Assessment
3. Nutrition Through Life Course
4. Nutrition and Management of Diseases
5. Food Culture Practices and Nutrition Education
6. Public Health Nutrition and Environment
7. Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds
8. Agriculture, Food Science and Safety
Costs for Presenters and Chairs
Your organization is responsible for the costs of inviting presenters and chairs (travel, accommodation, honorarium, etc.) and their registration fees.
• Download the Application Form from the link below, fill in the required information, and send it as an e-mail attachment to the ICN 2021 Secretariat (email@example.com) with the subject line “ICN 2021 Open Symposium Proposal.”
• The Secretariat will send an e-mail acknowledgment of your application as a reply to the e-mail address from which it was sent. If you do not receive this reply within one week, please contact the Secretariat.
Submit applications to: ICN 2021 Secretariat (c/o Congress Corporation)
Notifications will go out in December 2019.